- October 6, 2021
- Posted by: yanika
This position will serve as an Architect for cloud enabling applications. Applications will be a mix of legacy system migration and new development. Candidate will be a member of a global team responsible for recommending cloud enablement strategies, in conjunction with the portfolio’s Agile & DevOps initiatives. The resultant cloud enabled applications will be deployed into AWS and/or Azure cloud in a hybrid model with a mix of On-Prem and Cloud deployments across non-production and production environments.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- The individual will be required to work autonomously in driving cloud-enablement within the portfolio and will be responsible for keeping the stakeholders informed on related implementation issues, to be accompanied with remediation recommendations whenever technically feasible.
- Individual will provide the highest level of cloud computing domain expertise to large scale and complex projects as an internal and client resource. Lead teams and client interaction from workflow design to cloud solutions deliverable.
- Responsible for supporting the Solutions Engineering with the IT Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) by developing solution concepts, proof of concepts, prototypes and review of requirements and architecture to ensure readiness for design.
- Develop/Provide best development & implementation practices for cloud enabling legacy applications.
- Consult/Assist application development teams for AWS migrations.
- Develop guidelines for PaaS-oriented development & implementations (e.g. Cloud Foundry/OpenShift).
- Develop guidelines for development & implementation of other container technologies (e.g. native Docker & Kubernetes).
- For legacy application, practices to also include code refactoring guidelines towards development of microservices.
- Position will also collaborate with leadership team for communications with IT leadership regarding forecast direction and changes.
- Development and delivery of conceptual, logical, and physical engineering designs.
- Support meetings, development of presentations, scribe minutes and status communications, both written and orally.
- Provide performance engineering support to develop performance engineering models PEM and non-functional requirements for performance specifications.
- Action plan to identify criteria for cloud migration candidates and later provide support for cloud migration.
The personnel will be required to provide engineering and architecture expertise on government and private cloud computing. Personnel will support with making cloud computing recommendations.
The personnel will be required to display expertise in the following areas:
- Agile, Cloud Implementation/Security, Java, Web Services, architecture, Security Engineering Processes, Systems Acquisition Process, Application and Tool analysis.
- Experience as Subject Matter Expertise (SME) for developing cloud enabled applications including, but not limited to:
- Cloud Foundry
- Docker, Kubernetes
- AWS (EC2, EC2 Container Service, S3, Elastic File System, Elastic Beanstalk, Lambda, RDS)
- Cloud formation
- Deep understanding of the AWS security model
- Note: The predominate development language for all of above is JAVA.
Education, Certifications, and requirements:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, or related field.
- Experience: 10-15 years of related experience, preferably within the Federal government contracting environment.
- ITIL and industry certifications (preferred)
- US Citizenship required
Please click here to apply: https://grnh.se/ca5ffbd54us