- October 6, 2021
- Posted by: yanika
The Infrastructure Solutions Architects provide the necessary leadership, analysis and design tasks related to the development of a roadmap for US federal agency. This individual will help draft and develop a technical direction and recommendation by analyzing “as is” solutions — including systems (meaning not just applications, but also processes and information), shared infrastructure services (hardware and devices), shared application services, network and other components to design a future “to be” state.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Lead technical design, technical direction, and network support processes of infrastructure devices including Linux, Unix and Windows operating systems, Storage systems, Data Centre infrastructure & Virtualization hardware and software for existing and new programs in the Telecom domain.
- Acting as subject matter expert for VMware cloud platform with deep product expertise as well as comprehensive knowledge of IT enabling technologies in customer deployment scenarios.
- Drive architectural discussions to ensure success when adopting and expanding with VMware cloud platform solutions.
- Architect-level skills designing, implementing, & supporting Citrix XenDesktop (VDI) in both a VMware ESX and Microsoft Hyper-V/SCVMM environments.
- Engineer-level skills supporting and troubleshooting the Citrix client in a heterogeneous environment (Windows, Mac, and iOS).
- Administrator-level skills operating Microsoft Terminal Server / Remote Desktop Services (RDS) including rights and security configuration in a multi-user environment.
- Provide a comprehensive end to end architecture for the stakeholders, business and technical requirements. Ensuring the solution aligns across the business for people, process and systems domains.
- Be responsible for the technical solution through all phases of the project, support the project managers and work within a defined change management process.
- Responsible for architecting, planning and implementing the VDI – Virtual Desktop Infrastructure.
- Architects VDI hardware and software system designs in support of the program infrastructure and develops technical solutions to complex problems.
- Provide guidance on optimization of desktops for platform interoperability.
- Create a strategic technical roadmap including but not limited to providing options for emerging technologies to solve business challenges.
- Provide recommendations for optimizing on existing technology stacks and digitization initiatives underway.
- Draft a short- and medium-term technology solutioning recommendation that is quickly actionable by the client.
- Document all solution architecture design and analysis work.
- Work closely with the program management office (PMO) or project management office to ensure the execution of deliverables.
- To ensure suitable regularity of mobile solutions, structures and solutions architecture across client enterprise.
- To take part in aligning the vision and technology roadmap for mobile solutions that operate within the section approach and assumes responsibility for outlining risks and dependencies for implementing this roadmap.
Key Skill Requirements/Competencies:
- Proven experience of leading infrastructure & network engineering design and implementation effort on complex projects, including the planning, tracking and controlling of infrastructure project activities
- Proven experience of Citrix XenApp and experience designing, installing, configuring, managing, and troubleshooting complex and large Citrix server farms.
- Detailed knowledge of IT Networks and hardware components including experience in setting up and administering IT networks.
- Experience in using ITIL in an enterprise environment and working in a matrix organization.
- Knowledge of producing architecture utilizing COTS products to fit within industry frameworks.
- Detailed knowledge of network management software and techniques including Active Directory, domain and group policies and virtualization.
- Experience of technically leading projects throughout the complete IT Development Life-cycle from requirements capture to handover and knowledge transfer. The candidate will have a full knowledge of the development/delivery life-cycle of IT infrastructure projects.
- Disciplined and rigorous approach to network and infrastructure design and ability to ask challenging questions about the requirements and architecture of the infrastructure at each level of the hierarchy.
- Experience as Architect for developing cloud enabled applications including, but not limited to:
- VDI – Virtual Desktop Infrastructure
- Citrix Administrative, Citrix XenApp, Citrix NetScaler, Citrix XenDesktop, Citrix PVS Provisioning, Citrix Platform Upgrade/Migration, Citrix Application Streaming/Provisioning
- Agile/Scrum business process management
- AWS/Azure Cloud
- Windows Server Administration
Credentials and experience:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, system analysis or a related study, or equivalent experience.
- Experience: Minimum of five years of experience in at least two IT solution development disciplines, including technical architecture, network management, application development, middleware, database management or operations.
- US Citizenship required
Good to have certifications:
- AWS Certified Solution Architect
- Cisco Certifications
- CTA: Certified Technical Architect
- TOGAF 9 (The Open Group Architecture Framework)
- Citrix Certifications
Please click here to apply: https://grnh.se/73a2f9944us