An IT specialist/Subject Matter Expert (SME) works in various aspects to support all members of the team by analyzing and troubleshooting network systems and software. An IT specialist uses their tech-savvy nature to answer concerns regarding software and hardware. Additionally, they use database analysis to organize and manage company data regarding everything from inventory and payroll records. IT specialists usually provide similar services related to software, hardware, databases, Web resources, networks and enterprise systems.
An IT specialist/Subject Matter Expert (SME) should have an in-depth knowledge of various computer hardware and software technologies. Provides extremely high-level subject matter expertise for work described in the task. Top candidates will also have an amiable personality, and an aptitude for customer service. IT specialists will also work with external partners, including consultants, agencies and vendors, to arrive at the most appropriate system or integration of multiple systems. With information technology constantly changing, specialists must stay up to date on emerging technologies and the potential effectiveness of these advancements in their current system.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides advanced technical knowledge and analysis of highly specialized applications and operational environment, high-level functional systems analysis, design, integration, documentation, training, and implementation advice on complex problems.
- Primary responsibilities will include participating, as needed, in all phases of software development with emphasis on the planning, analysis, testing, integration, documentation, training and presentation phases; applying principals, methods, and knowledge of specific functional areas of expertise to specific task order requirements
- providing advice on esoteric problems which require extensive knowledge of the subject matter; designing and preparing technical reports, studies, and related documentation, making charts and graphs to record results
- Preparing and delivering presentations, training, and briefings.
- Coordinate the needs of in-house IT experts and remote employees, vendors and contractors
- Protect customer data from outside infiltration through encryption, secure data storage and other necessary means
- Excellent IT, communication (both written and verbal), leadership and management skills
- Ability to fill multiple roles simultaneously
- Proven track record of maintaining IT structural integrity
- Strong analytical, diagnostic, and problem-solving skills.
- Personable, professional demeanor.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or related field required
- Minimum 4 years of experience as an IT specialist/Subject Matter Expert (SME)
- Microsoft, Cisco, Oracle, Certified IT Specialist