Minimum 1 year of experience as a JUNIOR IT SPECIALIST. Minimum Education: Associate’s Degree. Entry level position that assists in functional and IT analysis, design, development, integration, documentation, and implementation assistance with problems which require a thorough knowledge of the related technical subject matter for effective system deployment. Primary responsibilities include participating in all phases of systems development; assisting in applying principals and methods of the functional area to difficult problems in technical areas to arrive at automated solutions; designing and preparing technical reports and related documentation; making charts and graphs to record results; performing with limited supervision; preparing and delivering presentations and briefings as required, performing as a member of a team.
- Under immediate supervision, install, configure, service, repair, and maintain information technology systems in both a stand-alone and client-server environment, including MS server, Defense Message Systems, and other authorized information technology systems.
- Install, configure, service, repair, and maintain hardware and software for network services, storage networking devices, and servers. Integrate multiple information systems in a networked environment, evaluate and resolve customer information system problems, effect required hardware upgrades and repair to maintain mission capability.
- Install and configure wireless hubs, routers, switches, and various transmission media, server hardware and software, and ensure the proper installation and configuration of workstation hardware and software for efficient operation on the network. Install, optimize and troubleshoot Local Area and Base Area Networks. Familiar with Internet Protocol version 6 (IPv6), Enhanced Interior Gateway Routing Protocol (EIGRP), Border Gateway Protocol (BGP), Virtual Local Area Networks (VLANs), Virtual Private Networks (VPNs), and Network Address Translation (NAT).
- High functioning knowledge of Apple Hardware and Windows Hardware,
- Very strong research skills,
- Desire to learn fast, self-motivated and organized,
- Experience in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint,
- Understanding of File Sharing Platforms (Google-Drive, Dropbox),
- Time management and planning skills,
- Strong Communication (understanding & explaining business logic and technical concepts)
- English language skills,
Additional Beneficial Abilities:
- Experience with WordPress,
- Experience in Adobe Photoshop and/or CorelDraw.
- Russian language skills.