- May 25, 2019
- Posted by: yanika
The Technical Support Analyst will be responsible for the planning and execution of Source Code Promotion and Version Control. The Team Lead will guide the work of the technical staff and serve as the lead on technical aspects of projects including the planning for project stages and assessing of business implications for each stage. He/She will monitor progress to assure deadlines and standards are met and serve as the technical point of contact for the team.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide specialized experience and expertise in Software Deployment Release, Software Configuration Management and Version Control, Source Code Promotion, and
DevOps tools and practices
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues with Rational Tools
- Support version control activities on the IBM mainframes
- Develop and update 508 compliant Documentum (DocIT) user/training guides
- Support automated deployments and incorporation of new tools
- Hardware and software skills to operate Linux/Unix Systems, Endevor, DRIVE, Rational Tools (e.g. ClearCase) and Nexus Repository
- Systems and/or Software experience: Windows 7 or later, SharePoint, MS Office product suite: Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, developing and writing technical reports, analysis and whitepapers.
- Rational tools expertise in UNIX and Windows environments to install, configure, customize, issue resolutions, and provide user training and mentoring.
- Expertise creating Versioned Description Documents (VDDs) and developing Build Support Tools (BST) scripts.
- At least 5 years’ experience with Internal Revenue Service mainframe and server configuration management support that includes UNIX shell and PERL scripting, KISAM, SharePoint, DocIT, and ITIL.
- Expertise with Tier I configuration management tools including Endevor and SQuA
- 5 years’ experience in establishing standards, supporting and creating Endevor packages.
- Expertise with Tier II configuration management tools including:
- Rational ClearCase and ClearCase Multi-Site
- Rational ClearQuest and ClearQuest Multi-Site
- Rational Requisite Pro
- Rational Team Concert
- Rational Build Forge
- At least 5 years’ experience implementing, deploying, customizing and supporting ClearCase, ClearCase UCM, UNIX Shell scripting and PERL scripting in the Internal Revenue Service environment.
- At least 5 years of experience utilizing various DevOps tools and technologies (e.g. deployment/release, containers, repositories, etc.)
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written; formal presentation and documentation experience.
- Software Deployment Release
- Software Configuration Management and Version Control
- Source Code Promotion
- DevOps tools and practices
- CMMI Level 2 Key Practices
- IRS Enterprise Life Cycle