- May 23, 2019
- Posted by: yanika
Network Analysts take the reports generated by ISE, Stealthwatch, NMCC/PEM tools, UC Engineers/Admins and Network Administrators and KISAM tickets, examine them for any deficiencies, trends or other indicators that may show the network (voice/data/video transport) may be performing below the established baseline or the metrics and measures/KPIs as established by the IRS/or vendor best practices. Creating detailed analysis/reports about the described deficiencies and make recommendations for improvements at both engineer level detail as well as ACIO level macroanalysis monthly reporting.
Recommendations for improvement shall be included in an update to current processes, and if there are no processes established, the network analyst will work to develop necessary documentation, and ensure all staff is updated to the new processes.
Network Analysts will be required to reach out to both the business unit and other IT organizations to help identify any issues that may be occurring, identify problems within the business and then identify a suitable technical solution.
They will be required to research and evaluate network technology and recommend purchases of network equipment to the L4 E&CM engineers. Required to test the success of all software and hardware installations associated with UA-SEG and Network technologies.
Experience in analyzing trends, manipulating data in spreadsheets creating presentations for both service providers and for senior management. Knowledge of networks and unified communications technologies in a large-scale enterprise such as the IRS and have the following certifications:
- Standard PC Software – Advance Skills in Microsoft Word, Project, Access, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Experience with working with large datasets and advanced Excel formulas
- Experience coding SOAP and RESTful APIs for use in SharePoint and other dashboards
- Tool Experience: Cisco ISE, Riverbed, NetScout, Cisco Prime Assurance and HP Network Tools suite (HP NNMi, ArcSight, HPNA and HPOO)
- Familiarity with the Treasury and IRS network infrastructure
- Familiarity with network infrastructure, converged technologies and various network monitoring and management tools
- The ability to obtain IRS clearances, LAN accounts and badges
- Technical Writing
- CCNP or CCNP Voice or higher —or at least 3 years IRS experience as a L3 Network Administrator
- ITIL Certification