- May 24, 2019
- Posted by: yanika
The Project Manager will be responsible for planning, initiating and managing information technology (IT) project tasks. The Project Manager will lead and guide the work of the technical staff and serve as the liaison between business and technical aspects of projects. Plan project stages and assess business implications for each stage and monitor progress to assure deadlines, standards and cost targets are met.
The Project Manager shall act as the central point of contact and is ultimately responsible for coordinating the effort of subcontractors and team members.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Establish production end-points for incoming projects
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues with Rational Tools
- Support version control activities on the IBM mainframes
- Lead deliverables and review the work of others for quality and accuracy.
- Teach the project team about the client environment, mission, and overall project scope.
- Communicate project delivery schedule and milestones while maintaining productive and professional relationships with client.
- Perform analysis of a technical or non-technical nature.
- Expert knowledge of Program and Project Management, Financial Analysis and Forecasting, Budget Preparation and Analysis, Technical Writing, Assembling Data and Generating Reports, Meeting and Group Facilitation and Data Analysis.
- Knowledge of government-wide system design, implementation, and management policy and procedures.
- Conduct trainings as requested
- Possess competencies in multiple IT technologies, business processes, or combination of both.
- Systems and/or Software experience: Windows 7 or later, SharePoint, MS Office product suite: Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, developing and writing technical reports, analysis and whitepapers.
- Specific configuration management tools knowledge desired: Endevor and SQuA
- Rational tools (e.g. ClearCase) in UNIX and Windows environments.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written; formal presentation and documentation experience.
- 5yrs+ IRS experiences
Specialized experience will include expertise in these areas:
- Software Deployment Release
- Software Configuration Management and Version Control
- Source Code Promotion
- DevOps tools and practices
- Bachelor’s degree plus 6 years minimum of IT related experience
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification and/or Practitioner of the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBok@Guide)