A Scrum Master provides management of software and technology projects using the application of Agile Development practices. A Scrum Master demonstrates experience in the management of user stories, the prioritization of stories in a software backlog, the management of Sprint Planning, Spring Review and Sprint Retrospective activities and facilitates daily standup meetings of the software development team, technology experts and product owners. A Scrum Master implements successful software strategies.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Primarily responsible for understanding of operations, program and project management, capabilities of computer platforms/ software applications and program and project management processes and best practices
- Understanding the principles and practices of service and program planning, implementation, coordination, and evaluation
- Interpreting and applying complex regulations, policies and programs
- Working with agency and department managers to prioritize departmental initiatives, coordinate assignment of resources for program or project initiatives and to prepare and present information
- Scrum master is responsible to facilitating daily scrum, sprint planning, sprint demo and retrospective meetings.
- Needs to forecast the numbers of deliverables possible in an iteration, which is based on evidence and reliable source.
- Needs to be expert in estimation and planning
- Responsible for managing the scrum process with the coordination of scrum team in Agile methodology.
- Must hold the “Certified Scrum Master” or “Certified Product Owner” certification.
- Knowledge of other Agile approaches: XP, Kanban, Crystal, FDD, etc.
- Awareness and experience with widely successful Agile techniques: User Stories, ATDD, TDD, Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing, Pairing, Automated Testing, Agile Games.
- Ability to ensure the correct use of scrum process.
- Ability to track and remove impediments.
- Understand the basic fundamentals of iterative and incremental development.
- Strong knowledge of Scrum theory, rules and practices.
- Knowledge about tasks, backlog tracking, burndown metrics, velocity, user stories etc.
- Familiar with common development practices, Service oriented environments, and Agile practices.
- Associate’s Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or related field required
- Minimum 4 years of experience as a Scrum Master
- Certified Scrum Master
- Certified Product Owner