The Senior Business Analyst uses best practices and knowledge of internal or external business issues to improve products or services, solves complex problems, takes new perspective using existing solutions and works independently. You will apply data management and analytical skills to analyze business requirements and convert them into data validation specifications used in our propriety multiline data quality processes and programs. In addition, as part of this innovative solutions team you will be providing much needed support to improving and modernizing internal systems.
The Business Analyst II will work within a team environment to identify statistical data requirements, including data quality needs, as well as support activities with data contributors to understand their needs, and contribute to developing innovative solutions that will enhance the value of data and information assets. The Senior Business Analyst serves as a primary liaison and facilitates working sessions between internal and/or external customers and Information Technology Teams (IT), to define of business requirements for systems fixes and enhancements of lower to mid-tier complexity needed to meet customer and operation objectives.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Primarily responsible for leading process modeling and translating requirements into design; conducting user need analyses to establish requirements
- Offering advice on process improvements and technical solutions
- Coordinating and monitoring projects
- Applying a broad knowledge base to identify and resolve core problems
- Planning, organizing and directing concurrent software design and implementation projects
- Lead requirements gathering sessions to understand and document complex business needs
- Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details and distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs
- Proactively communicate and collaborate with external and internal customers to analyze information needs and functional requirements.
- Write detailed business functional requirements documents of the operational and/or system changes, ensuring requirements and proposed solutions meet business/customer needs. This includes delivering the following artifacts as needed: Interface Specifications, Software Change Requests (SCR), Functional Requirements Documents (FSD) and Use Cases
- Perform User Acceptance Testing and work closely with the Product Team. Communicate key insights and findings to Product team
- Run SQL queries to get data for analysis on project related initiatives.
- Engage in and manage multiple initiatives
- Proven experience eliciting requirements using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, business analysis and workflow analysis
- Experience in data analysis to draw business relevant conclusions.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including but not limited to: facilitating meetings, emails, in person conversations, meeting notes, and presentation skills
- Must work effectively in a dynamic environment
- Ability to manage time and set priorities and deadlines appropriately and perform management escalations when appropriate
- Ability to work well within a team. Accept and provide constructive criticism for team building and improving team functionality
- Ability to establish a deep knowledge and understanding of the job specific system(s), both tier 1 & tier 2.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, finance, accounting, economics, or a similar analytically focused field of study.
- Minimum 4 years of experience as a Senior Business Analyst
- IIBA, PMI certified is preferred