Sr. Quality Assurance Specialist position designs, develops, tests, documents and supports web interfaces using primarily Active Pages, Visual Basic and Relational Database technology. It requires to develop and implement company and regulatory quality standards. Sr. Quality Assurance Specialist contributes to moderately complex aspects of a project and work is generally independent and collaborative in nature. Quality Assurance Specialist job presupposes building a bridge between the quality standards and the final product.
Active IRS MBI clearance is a plus.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Evaluating and testing software programs to verify that programs function according to user requirements
- Validating that software performs to established guidelines
- Writing, reviewing revising and verifying quality standards and test procedures for program design and product evaluation
- Participating in review of standards, procedures, tools, and processes, monitoring, managing, and communicating with developers on defects
- Preparing and developing test strategies and test plans and assisting project managers in solving QA issues
- Working collectively to solve defects and assisting in disaster recovery testing
- Ensuring that all external standards are observed before the final product reaches the customer.
- Responsible for implementation of inspecting activities, detection of problem areas, and delivering quality inspection outcomes.
- They oversee planning and performing corrective actions if defects are found.
- Audits and reviews quality data according to existing documents and procedures.
- Oversee risk management procedures and ensure ongoing abidance by industry regulatory and quality requirements
- Active IRS MBI clearance is a plus.
- Knowledgeable of industry and governmental quality regulations.
- May need to develop policies or methods to improve quality check efficiency.
- Superb computer competence, including experience with databases and Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of QA terms, tools, and methodologies
- Excellent analytical skills, thoroughness, problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Attention to detail, data collection, management and analysis
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Sound judgment
- Effective interaction with stakeholders
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or related field required
- Minimum 5 years of experience as a Sr. Quality Assurance Specialist
- Quality Engineer, Quality Auditor, Six Sigma, or Quality Improvement Associate, is preferred