Technical Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) manage the analysis and research of exceedingly complex problems and are responsible for the design, development, and maintenance of systems architecture, including hardware and software. These experts should have prior industry or public service leadership in one or more technical disciplines, and technical writing experience is also beneficial. They may also be required to prepare comprehensive technical analyses and reviews and interpret data pulled from multiple sources.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Technical Subject Matter Expert (SME) position leads the technical resolution of customer and backup infrastructure problems after transition to steady state.
- This is done through knowledge of backup platforms, storage devices and ability to troubleshoot complex issues. The position involves taking a leadership role with customer teams and internal teams to resolve problems, maintain managed backup operations and, when necessary, to return systems to operational status.
- The focus of this role is for a specific dedicated customer in the industrial sector and Level 2/3 support skills.
- Employee will be responsible for handling 24×7 customer setup on Data Center domain (Compute, UCS, VMware, V center, ESxi Storage, Networks, Security, etc.)
- Design, Implementation during Projects & Organic growth projects
- Overall responsibility of expert level for technical support (Incident, Problem, Critical Changes)
- Driving Change management with POA, approvals, monitoring of effective change execution
- Acts a single point of Technical contact during Technical Escalation Management
- Driving the RCA’s for the Critical, Major Incidents
- Able to Perform Audits on Customer Networks and recommend the Best Practices.
- Perform Incident Management Including Service Request and Restoration for Major & High severity Tickets.
- Understanding customer requirement and conducting POC \ Demos’s for new customers and solutions.
- Risk Analysis & Mitigation in reference Customer Network.
- Mentoring & training to team competency enhancement
- Support Business Based on Organization requirement.
- Specialized in supporting Cisco /Dell /HPE Datacenter product & technologies /architectures with a broad technical competency.
- Windows, Linux, AIX, Solaris OS, DB/2, Oracle, Exchange, and SQL
- Level 3/Subject Matter Expert skills in Commvault
- Level 2 skills in Netbackup
- Ability to drive solutions in backup and recovery space
- Ability to work effectively with multiple internal and external stakeholders for a demanding client
- Applicants should also be skilled in user interface development, full stack development, service oriented architecture, middle-tier development, and combining legacy systems within a service-oriented architecture framework.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills are important in this position to work closely with individuals occupying multiple organizational levels, including executives, and presentation skills are also helpful to present program information, analytical data, and test results
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, physics, mathematics, computer science, or information architecture
- Minimum 4 years of experience as a Technical SME