- Oversees the efforts of security staff to design, develop, engineer and implement solutions to security requirements. Knowledgeable and experienced in all aspects of security.
- Primarily responsible for the implementing and developing the IT security; gathering and organizing technical information about an organization’s mission goals and needs, existing security products and ongoing programs; performing risk analyses that includes risk assessment; providing support to plan, coordinate, and implement the organization’s information security; providing support for facilitating and helping agencies identify their current security infrastructure and define future programs; designing and implementing security related to IT systems
- Providing daily supervision and direction to staff; providing an interface and information to the FISMA team for creation and resolution of Plan of Action and Milestones (POA&M) related to FISMA reporting requirements and the correction of FISMA issues
- Provide network security customer support supporting multiple customers
Identify security incidents, provide supporting information to clients, and support the client through containment and remediation
- Preparing reports and giving presentations to upper management and performing duties independently or as a member of a team.
- Analyze security events and conduct regular reviews of log files, platforms, products and services
- Analyze security breaches to determine their root cause
- Malware analysis, determining potential new indicators of compromise
- Identify and mitigate vulnerabilities in customer’s ecosystem
- Evaluate and implement customer’s move, add, change, delete (MACD) requests
- Conduct risk assessments on all work performed
- Create clear/concise documentation for continued follow-up and understanding by teammates and leadership
- Stay abreast of network security trends, applications/software/issues
- Active IRS MBI clearance is a plus.
- Minimum 5 years of experience as a SENIOR SECURITY SPECIALIST.
- Minimum Education: Bachelor’s Degree.
- Demonstrating superior oral and written communication skills;
- Providing highly technical and specialized guidance, and solutions to complex security problems; performing elaborate analyses and studies;
- Presents a working knowledge in many areas including understanding business security practices and procedures, currently available security tools, hardware/software security implementation, various communication protocols, encryption techniques/tools, familiarity with commercial products and current Internet/EC technology.
- Serves as contractor task order Project Manager as needed.