The System Specialist performs a variety of technical duties to troubleshoot, repair, and optimize information technology systems and applications. The System Specialist provides technical leadership for streamlining the support and delivery of technology services. The System Specialist works collaboratively with IT resources in support of core standardized services such as network, servers, voice, storage, power management, security and applications.
Active IRS MBI clearance is a plus.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Primarily responsible for performing installation, configuration and support duties for network, server and related infrastructure in alignment with IT program-wide operations, architecture, processes, and standards
- Installing, maintaining, supporting and troubleshooting specific applications
- Installing, maintaining, troubleshooting and repairing a variety of computers, laptops, printers, and related hardware and leading and coordinating working groups to address and report issues identified by Project/Program Managers.
- Managing the overall installation and maintenance of software and coordination with configuration managers
- Analyzing system faults; troubleshooting and running diagnostic tests on operating systems and hardware to detect problems
- Assisting in troubleshooting LAN network communications operations, hardware and application software interfaces with vendors for COTS software and/or hardware maintenance and upgrades
- Maintaining hardware and software inventory database and implementing computer security procedures
- Compile, analyze, and evaluate data from multiple sources to provide decision-making information
- Active IRS MBI clearance is a plus.
- Working knowledge of VMware Virtualization and Site Recovery Manager (SRM)
- Backup technologies (BackupExec, Tape Library, Disk based backup)
- Microsoft SCCM
- Disaster Recovery site with Compellent/VMware/SRM
- A hybrid environment containing Windows Server, Linux (CentOS), and Mac systems
- Server Administration
- Support and maintain the server infrastructure mentioned above
- Enhancing operation by automation and improving security
- Supervising HelpDesk operation
- Associate’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or a related field
- Minimum 4 years of experience as a System Specialist
- Microsoft, Cisco, Oracle, Certified IT Specialist