The Technical Support Analyst will be responsible for the planning and execution of Source Code Promotion and Version Control.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide specialized experience and expertise in Software Deployment Release, Software Configuration Management and Version Control, Source Code Promotion, and
DevOps tools and practices
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues with Rational Tools
- Support version control activities on the IBM mainframes
- Develop and update 508 compliant Documentum (DocIT) user/training guides
- Support automated deployments and incorporation of new tools
- Hardware and software skills to operate Linux/Unix Systems, Endevor, DRIVE, Rational Tools (e.g. ClearCase) and Nexus Repository
- Systems and/or Software experience: Windows 7 or later, SharePoint, MS Office product suite: Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, developing and writing technical reports, analysis and whitepapers.
- Rational tools expertise in UNIX and Windows environments to install, configure, customize, issue resolutions, and provide user training and mentoring.
- Expertise creating Versioned Description Documents (VDDs) and developing Build Support Tools (BST) scripts.
- At least 5 years’ experience with Internal Revenue Service mainframe and server configuration management support that includes UNIX shell and PERL scripting, KISAM, SharePoint, DocIT, and ITIL.
- Expertise with Tier I configuration management tools including Endevor and SQuA
- 5 years’ experience in establishing standards, supporting and creating Endevor packages.
- Expertise with Tier II configuration management tools including:
- Rational ClearCase and ClearCase Multi-Site
- Rational ClearQuest and ClearQuest Multi-Site
- Rational Requisite Pro
- Rational Team Concert
- Rational Build Forge
- At least 5 years’ experience implementing, deploying, customizing and supporting ClearCase, ClearCase UCM, UNIX Shell scripting and PERL scripting in the Internal Revenue Service environment.
- At least 5 years of experience utilizing various DevOps tools and technologies (e.g. deployment/release, containers, repositories, etc.)
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written; formal presentation and documentation experience.
- Software Deployment Release
- Software Configuration Management and Version Control
- Source Code Promotion
- DevOps tools and practices
- CMMI Level 2 Key Practices
- IRS Enterprise Life Cycle